At 21.co.uk we are committed to promoting responsible gambling. We want to provide an online gambling experience which is safe and enjoyable for all our players. The majority of online gamblers do so for fun, know their limits and gamble responsibly. However, we recognise that a small number of players struggle to control their gambling, and we have a commitment to protect this vulnerable minority. At 21.co.uk we put the customer first and make available a range of advice and gambling control measures designed to help you manage your gambling, and to ensure that gambling remains a fun, safe leisure pursuit. This includes:
- Support groups & organisations
- Advice on keeping in control
- Deposit Limits
- Reality Check
- Parental Controls
Our customer service staff are trained to recognise signs of problem gambling and addiction and are available to listen and support you in keeping in control of your gambling. If you would like to talk to someone about a potential problem with gambling, please contact our Customer Support team.
The gambling controls we provide include:
- Set a Reality Check Alert
- Set a Time Out Period
- Set a Deposit Limit
If you require more information on these tools, please see below.
If you would like to use these controls, please log in to your account and follow the links below.
SUPPORT GROUPS & ORGANISATIONS
Customers experiencing gambling problems and others affected by problem gambling (including friends and family) should seek help. The following organisations are available to provide free and confidential advice on matters of problem gambling.
GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. GamCare can be contacted on 0808 8020 133 (freephone from UK) or by visiting their website at www.gamcare.org.uk
GambleAware aims to promote responsibility in gambling. They provide information on staying in control and on how to recognise and deal with problem gambling. Further information can be found at www.gambleaware.co.uk
Gamblers Anonymous provide confidential telephone support to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. Gamblers Anonymous can be contacted on 02073 843040. Further information can be found at www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
If you are concerned about your gambling (or about someone else's) you can consider the following problem gambling self-assessment questions, to help you consider whether you (or someone else) may have a problem.
- Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- If you run out of money when you're gambling do you feel lost and in despair, and want to find money to gamble again as soon as possible?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Do you gamble until your money runs out?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies because of your gambling?
- Are you getting into debt because of your gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you or your friend/family member answers 'yes' to these questions, the more likely it is that you or they may have a gambling problem.
If you feel you have a gambling problem then we strongly advise you to tackle it as soon as possible. Admitting you have a problem is not a sign of weakness - it is the first step to reclaiming your life. Customer Support team can point you in the right direction or you can contact GamCare directly. They have an excellent website and discussion forum and can be contacted by phone on 0808 8020 133 FREE
ADVICE ON KEEPING IN CONTROL
We believe that gambling should always be an enjoyable leisure activity. Remembering these simple tips can help make sure your gambling doesn’t become a problem.
- Make sure you’re aware of the potential risk of problem gambling before you start
- Play sensibly and never chase your losses.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose. Establish limits for purchasing, wagering and even losses before you start gambling and stick to them.
- Use our Deposit Limits tool to manage the amount of money you spend (see further below).
- Set yourself a time limit before you start gambling and stick to it. Use our Reality Check tool (see further below) to remind you how long you've been playing.
- Don't let gambling interfere with your daily life; ensure you have completed all of your daily responsibilities before you start gambling.
- Do not turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or as a way to recoup debt.
- Do not gamble if you are in recovery for any dependency or if you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- For information on how to gamble responsibly and on dealing with gambling problems please contact your Customer Support team.
If you wish to set your own deposit limits (i.e. to set the maximum amount you can deposit per day/ week/ month) you can do this at the point of first deposit or at any time by selecting the ‘Deposit’ tab in the ‘My Account’ section. You can also contact us by emailing customer support or via Live Chat and our Customer Support Team will be able to help you set your limits.
You can also make changes to your deposit limit within the ‘My Account’ section. You must log in to access this feature. If you wish to lower your deposit limit, this change will take effect immediately. This limit will only apply to your Account on the Website, if you have accounts on other LeoVegas operated sites you must set your preferred limit by account by site.
Before increasing your deposit limits, we recommend that you carefully consider if you can afford to do so. Never decide to increase your limit because you have lost money and think that you will win it back by gambling more. If you wish to increase a limit you will need to wait 24 hours before we action your request and then return to our site to confirm that you still wish to increase it.
To help you manage the amount of time you spend playing, you can set up a Reality Check alert on your account. You must log in to access this feature. Once set, a pop-up alert will be displayed as a reminder that you have been playing for the time interval selected. You will be required to acknowledge the reality check to continue playing or exit the game.
You can set or amend your Reality Check by going to the ‘Responsible Gambling’ tab of the ‘My Account’ section and choosing Reality Checks when logged into your account.
If you would like to take a temporary break from gambling you can use our Time Out feature to take a break of between 1 day and 6 weeks. You can take a Time-Out via the ‘Responsible Gambling’ tab of the ‘My Account’ section and select the duration of time you wish to take a break from gambling. You must log in to access this feature.
Once you begin your Time-Out you will not be able to access the site again until your selected break has ended. Your account will automatically re-open after your break has finished.
This Cool off will only apply to your Account on 21.co.uk, if you have accounts on other LeoVegas operated sites you must set your preferred cool off by account by site.
If you want to stop yourself gambling for a longer period of time you should consider total self exclusion.
We provide the facility for you to Self-Exclude from your account for a specified period of between 6 months and 5 years. By choosing to Self-Exclude, you will be prevented from gambling for your selected period of time.
Once you have opted to self-exclude, opening a further account during the term of self-exclusion will void all transactions and forfeit any winnings.
Whilst your self exclusion is valid, under our Responsible Gaming policy you will not be permitted to open new accounts on any sites operating on the LeoVegas Gaming PLC licence. For a full list of sites operating on the LeoVegas Gaming PLC licence.
For the period of Self Exclusion we will endeavour to not send you any marketing material or promotional offers, but this can take 48 hours to come into effect after you opt to self-exclude.
If you wish to use this facility please contact Customer Services or use our live help facility to talk to a member of our highly trained Customer Support team, who will be able to assist you. Alternatively, you have the option to Self Exclude in the My Account section under Responsible Gambing when logged into your account.
We encourage any customer wishing to Self-Exclude to also seek exclusion from all other operators of gambling sites that they hold accounts with.
We recommend that you seek support from a problem gambling support service to help you deal with your problem (see above).
It is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to play the games at 21.co.uk. We put in place stringent measures to ensure that we do not allow any underage gambling.We carry out age verification checks on all customers and ask for documentary proof of age where checks are inconclusive. Customer accounts may be suspended and funds withheld until satisfactory proof of age is provided.
To assist parents in preventing their children from gambling whilst underage, there are a number of third party applications that you can use to monitor or restrict access. The below filtering programs will assist parents in blocking content or websites that they do not wish their children to view. These filters could also be used by adults wishing to restrict access to gambling sites as a gambling control measure
Net Nanny – General blocking software (available on iOS and Android)
CYBERsitter – Filtering software
GamBlock – Blocking software specific to gambling websites